Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Hannah’s Treasure Chest! Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization! We are always looking for new volunteers who are passionate about our mission and helping others. If this describes you, please reach out to Marie at email@example.com
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Warehouse volunteer: Organize clothing, quality check toys and games, fill order requests, clean small equipment, assemble cribs
- Blankets & Bears volunteer: sew blankets or stuffed bears at home for our Blankets & Bears program
- Shop Hannah’s volunteer: serve as a cashier or customer assistant in our new charity boutique, Shop Hannah’s
- Events Committee volunteer: Help make our events shine! Our events include: Bunco for Babies, Hour of Hope, and more!
- Host a clothing, toy, or book drive – if you aren’t able to volunteer during open hours, plan a drive to collect needed items from your church or community
- Start a birthday fundraiser (near your birthday) to benefit Hannah’s Treasure Chest
We also welcome student volunteers over 16, children between 7-16 who are accompanied by an adult, and volunteers who are required by a court to complete community service.
Our policies and procedures regarding court-ordered volunteering are outlined here.
If you are interested in volunteering, we will first set up a time for you to come in and tour our warehouse, when you will learn about our mission and the different areas you can volunteer. Our warehouse hours are Monday-Thursday 10-4 and we welcome you any time you are able to come – we do not have a minimum requirement for volunteering or a set schedule for each volunteer. We just ask that you come with a heart willing to serve 😊
Volunteering as a Group
We welcome, and rely on, groups for several projects in our warehouse, whether it is a school, church, or work group. If your group will be on site, we ask that you keep your group to a maximum of 10 volunteers for the sake of space. Our volunteer needs for groups in the warehouse vary, but include:
- Assembling hygiene kits for our dental program
- Sorting and organizing shelves
- Helping with large mailings
- Inventory assistance at the end of the year
- Building shelves for our donations
- Sorting large quantities of donations
- Assisting with seasonal warehouse and shop changeovers in March and September
Outside Volunteer Projects
- Hosting a donation drive, which can include:
- NEW children’s underwear*
- New hygiene items*
- School supplies*
- Toys, games, and puzzles
*Underwear, school supplies, and hygiene items are especially needed at this time!
- Sponsoring a family or group of children through our Giving Angels program (November)
- Coordinating to collect financial donations or items
- Hosting an Giving Angels tree at the holidays
- Sewing blankets and bears for babies we serve
Recently, we have especially been in need of homemade blanket donations – these consist of two layers of soft materials sewn together, approximately 36”x36”. Contact Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Blankets & Bears program.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an application and send it to Marie at email@example.com , or call 937-963-9028.